Saturday, November 16, 2013

46/52

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013."

Che: when he daydreams he has a habit of blowing air into his cheeks. (ISO 400, f1.7, 1/160th)
Poet: she must take a bag with her wherever we go. Also, she has really long legs. (ISO 100, f1.7, 1/500th)

Since writing about my camera, I (actually it was Daniel's idea) thought it might be helpful to post my camera settings with each portrait. It gives you an idea of the three main factors when shooting manual: ISO, aperture and shutter speed. You will see over the next few weeks that ISO is either 100 (for outside) or 400 (for inside) and my aperture usually stays at 1.7 (I sometimes go up to 2.2 if it's a really sunny day). Shutter speed is the element that changes the most, going anywhere from 1/100th (for a dark space) to 1/4000th (when shooting in midday sun). This may sound like gobbledygook but I'm hoping to post a little more about manual settings in the next few weeks to assist those of you who want to learn more about shooting on manual.

Also, apologies for this late post. Our internet has been off since a wild storm on Saturday night so I'm currently using my phone to post this. I'll be back to posting my favourite 5 portraits next week. 







No comments:

Post a Comment