Thursday, October 24, 2013

inspired

I took lots of photos this week and edited even more. These are some of my favourites......

/ we loved sleeping under mosquito nets in Bali and I've been thinking about hanging one above Poet's bed. For a little girl who doesn't need anything and doesn't want for much, I think it may be the ideal Christmas present.

/ beads, tassels and bangles in a copper bowl. I'm pretty sure this little collection will be worn all summer long.

/ I've flicked through the latest Nature Baby catalogue a few times now and I keep coming back to this page - look at all those mini terracotta pots! Nothing better than a lush, green herb looking happily at home in terracotta. Sometime this weekend I plan to visit my favourite local nurseries and stock up on some garden supplies. Fingers crossed they stock pots this small (doubt it, though).

/ Popa's garden - lovingly tended to but oh so dry. Upon returning from the tropics it's the one thing that shocked us; nature at its most dry and brittle. Our state has been experiencing the very worst kind of bushfires and hundreds of homes have been lost. Summer is so early and it makes me feel uneasy.

/ on our last day in Bali and the last time she saw her beloved yellow ball (no room in the suitcase for it). 

I hope you have a lovely weekend. If you're in the mood for blog reading I really enjoyed these posts:

work and play (the sunshine coast)
vegan fried rice with sugar-snap peas and chilli
fresh start
possum magic

I'll be back on Sunday with 43/52 (the countdown is on!) and next week I'll be sharing a few posts, including scenes from a birth centre in Bali.

Before you click away....tuck your tailbone under, lift from your tailbone into the crown of your head to lengthen your spine, roll your shoulders back and down and subtly lift your heart space. Exhale.

Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment