Monday, October 7, 2013

bali | wearing

For the past three-and-a-half weeks I have lived in the same five outfits - simple pieces with the right amount of just-pulled-from-the-suitcase crease. Light cotton has been a necessity; to keep me cool and to cover up in sacred places where modesty is appreciated. Lilya were kind enough to gift me a few pieces from their spring range and the kantor top (available in tangerine and white) has become my firm travel favourite. I wore it on the plane with comfy pants and a scarf, I've worn it tucked into high-waisted skirts, with shorts and over swimmers. 

Other essentials? My St Christopher's medal, the Patron Saint of Travel (my Nan placed this delicate gold chain around my neck when I left England for Australia when I was two), my beloved raffia hat, sunglasses (from a little market stand) and my vintage leather bag found at the op shop over 10 years ago; it carries passports, suncream, papaya ointment and my camera. 

No comments:

Post a Comment