Monday, April 22, 2013

by the sea

Poet on our local beach in her sweet arti pants / aztec storm scarf in ocean hues c/o scout & catalogue

We live near the ocean and its palette of sea spray, salt and sand. This is, and always has been, home. But lately we've been thinking about leaving; packing up and searching for a different scene.

I'm equally challenged and inspired by the thought of moving. But I've noticed, in the past year or so, that I'm ready for change; I want to live differently, if only for a while. At the very top of our priority list is the family experience - we want to immerse ourselves in a new pace, a culture unlike our own. 

At times like this our true nature comes to the surface. Daniel, the keen adventurer, is researching and making lists whereas I'm procrastinating, wondering what it will be like to leave everything I've known and leap into a very new way of living. 

In the midst of it all I've been wondering; why do people live where they do? No doubt work is one of the main deciding factors, as is proximity to family and affordability. But what about lifestyle priorities, rare opportunities, a simple desire to live your ideal.

Why do you live where you do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment