Saturday, January 12, 2013

2/52

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013."

Che: It was 38degrees at 7:30pm so we went to the ocean for relief. He noticed my camera; "Quick mum, just a few photos." I got it first go...and then he was gone. 
Poet: Fill the watering can, take it to the sand toys, dump the water, repeat (frilly swimwear mandatory). 

Goodness, you have all left me in awe. As I mentioned in an update of 1/52 I expected there to be about 40 or so readers linking up to the 52 project.....it seems I was wrong. Over 300 of you have chosen to take part and from what I can gather, you are all thrilled to be involved. The very essence of blogging is community and it's heartwarming to see it here. 

Every week I'll be choosing my five favourite portraits from those linked. From 1/52 I absolutely adored Ruby's painted portrait of her son Casper / Jenny's belly (I can't wait to see if there's a baby in her post this week) /  sur ma colline's nostalgic and moody shots of her children (so very French) / the way Jo captured the grey (her prose and her intention too) /  Sarah's three beautiful boys at the beach.

Artist Rebekka Seale is joining in on the project by photographing 52 people who are important to her, starting with her beloved Manley. Rebekka created a button just for this project and you are more than welcome to place it on your sidebar (just right click to save and then upload the image). The first button is 250px, the second is 170px. 



To add your blog for 2/52 just press the "read more" button below....the link is there.




No comments:

Post a Comment