Sunday, July 12, 2009

the extras




One little thing always leads to another in this online world. And although I'm not a huge fan of technology I am grateful for the connection and the inspiration that can be discovered. It's special isn't it. To connect with people across oceans - those sweet ones you know you would love to sit down and share tea with. There have been a few parcels that have arrived on my doorstep that have truly made my day (or week). And when you buy handmade there is always the wonderful little extras that only affirm the package was sent with gratitude and love.

As I work on my knitting project, stitch by stitch, I am reminded of the time and energy imbued in each little handmade item I buy. Precious time, positive energy, kindness and love. Perfect for my home, sweet home.

9 comments:

  1. Are you knitting the purl bee blanket? Did you manage to source those merino wools here in Australia? If so, can I ask from where? Would love to know what your colour scheme will be??

    thanks,
    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  2. What she said!

    That is exactly how I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to see this knitting project. Over a cup of tea perhaps? Ah books. Yes. The spirit is lifted by the right words, no?
    What bookstores did you work in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading your thoughts re hand made things, it's so true. Lately when I need a gift I like to find a local friend or creator and buy or swap with them. That way I am supporting them as well as giving something that was made from the heart. What are you knitting? xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little extras that come with handmade items, they make me feel so connected to the maker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree - there is nothing better then something handmade in the post! Love the new look Jodi and flattered to be listed under the 'mama inspired', love Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  7. learning to knit has made me appreciate even more all the hand knitted jumpers and hats i've gathered for the boys. so much skill and time. precious commodity these days!

    ReplyDelete